At PINTU, we are building the #1 crypto platform in Indonesia and Southeast Asia. We know that 99% of new investors are underserved because many existing solutions cater to the 1% who are pros and early adopters; hence we provide an offering that helps even new investors learn, invest and interact with digital assets through our seamless & user-friendly experience.
Pintu is looking for a Quant Trader/Researcher who will lead and execute proprietary market-making operations for our exchange. The position reports directly to CFO. The Quant Trader/Researcher will work closely with the engineering, risk management, and treasury ops team.
Job Description :
- Develop proprietary market-making (”MM”) operations for Pintu Exchange:
- Develop in-house quantitative trading & risk management strategies/models for MM at Pintu Exchange that supports MM Goal Priorities.
- Collaborate with engineering, risk management, and treasury ops teams to orchestrate the implementation of semi/fully-automated quantitative trading strategies.
- Build & manage a team of MM quantitative researcher/trader(s), including task allocation & mentorship.
- Quant strategies monitoring & improvement :
- Continuously monitor model parameters and back-test existing in-house MM strategies to meet the MM Goal Priorities
- Research & identify new quantitative trading strategies that meets MM Goal Priorities
IMM Goal Priorities:
- Supports the improvement of Pintu Exchange liquidity;
- Satisfies internal risk parameters;
- improves MM’s risk-adjusted returns
- 5+ past professional quantitative research/trading experience in Global/ Regional MM Firms. Ideally has a minimum of 3 years in crypto and 2 years in trade-fi quant research/trading experience.
- Good understanding of market structures in both crypto (CEX & DEX) and financial markets (e.g. FX).
- Past academic background in either in Comp-Sci, Statistics, Financial Engineering/Operation Research, or Mathematics.
- Extensive experience in programming languages such as Python/R/etc, or similar applicable programming languages.
- Excellent understanding of High Frequency Trading (”HFT”) strategies (a must) and/or Algo-Trading (plus).
- Excellent communication, leadership, & interpersonal skills.
- Had experience in managing a team.
- CFA & FRM is a plus.
- Timezone: Max 3 time zones away from JKT/SG (or willing to relocate to Singapore/Bali/Jakarta).
- Finance, Accounting & Tax
- Jakarta, Bangalore, Beijing, Hongkong, Philippines, Shanghai, Taiwan, Vietnam
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form
Already working at Pintu?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.